Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Equity 3007C Watlow F4 Controller

Solved!
Go to solution

I am currently using a Test Equity 3007C Temperature Chamber with the Watlow F4 controller. Does anyone out there know who to turn your set point off? I know to turn it on is "W 300, 400" to get 40 degrees C. Ive read in other places that you need to set your temperature "really low" for it to turn the controller off. Ive tried a whole bunch of different ways to get it to turn off, and havent had any success yet. Anything that anyone can suggest will be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,069 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,065 Views)

I have already downloaded these drivers, and tried to use them. The SP1 OFF.vi has you input a value of -201, which will set the temp chamber to -20.1 degrees. I have also tried sending -2001 and it just throws an out of range error.SP1off.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,059 Views)

Sounds like you need to get into touch with ICS who apparently wrote the drivers and designed the GPIB - Modbus interface.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,057 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alright_meow

I was able to figure it out. I have my low limit on the temp chamber to -75 degrees C. This was set from Test Equity. If i set the temperature to -75.1 degrees C it turns off. Because of the division by 10 my command "W 300,751" turns SP1 off.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,051 Views)

Hello, and thanks in advance for answering my question. Is the OP trying to turn off the chamber control e.i. turn off the fan, compressor, and heater? 

I presently just set the chamber to room temp when the thermal routine is finished but I would like to shut the chamber off. It sound like setting the temp lower than the minimum does just that.

Of course if the DUT is powered on you probably don't want close it in a chamber all weekend without temperature control.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,200 Views)

Yes, by setting it to the -75.1 it will turn off all conditioning on the chamber (heater, compressor, and fan).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,193 Views)