Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template - Function Generator Frequency Sweep

Good day everyone,

I have tried to use Template - Function Generator Frequency Sweep, that we have in instr.lib by default, but when running it, I am getting an error ( please see 1 attached file) appearing just from the first vi. When I change this vi with VISA Open and run again, I get the same error (please see 2 attached), but already for the next VIs. Could anyone know what is the problem and how to fix it?

Thank you very much in advance!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,537 Views)

Since you are using a VISA alias, no one can tell what sort of physical connection you are using. Is it RS232? If so, you could have the wrong com port parameters, the wrong type of serial cable, or the instrument may not be configured for serial communication. Since you are using a template that you created, the commands may not match what is in your manual.

What is the make and model of the instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,530 Views)

Have you tried to comunicate simply over VISA example in LabVIEW....secondly ;Make sure u are using the right serial cable.

Thanks

Abdallah Farmalawi
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,500 Views)

sorry, I have just realised I was using an alias. I contact it via ethernet and I have another VI from which I can contact the device, which is a Tabor AWG ww1072

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,490 Views)

I use ethernet to communicate with the device and I have another VI from which I can contact the device, which is a Tabor AWG ww1072 without problems. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,488 Views)