Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TNT4882 - finding it from MAX

I wrote and read to cnt0 and cnt1 as you asked and it seems great. I ran it in a continueous loop and even put in code to verify the read matches the write and let it continuously run in a loop. I've even checked the signals to see that I'm really writing and reading continueously so we know there are no bugs. It seems OK.
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 65
(952 Views)
I don't know what else to check.

I think a logic analyzer would reveal the problem. I still think that the cycles between the TNT and DSP are not correct.

Could the previous problem you found in the assembly code be causing problems elsewhere?
Message 62 of 65
(949 Views)
I'm positive the problem is not a bug or anything like I had before. If I went down to details and explain to you the problem that I had in the code you would understand why I'm confident that I can be positive that I don't have this problem anywhere else.

I'll have to do more test here to see if I can find anything else. maybee I'll try to see if I can receive data when I'm at my current address of 0. maybee that will give us more clues regarding the sucess of the initialization, and writing and reading to registers.
0 Kudos
Message 63 of 65
(935 Views)
dittohead,

OK, I've got it! just wanted to let you know I have found the problem. Paged signal was left floating on my board. it should be as I understand now grounded, otherwise certain registers appear at different offsets.
I've not gotten to the point that I can load the address into ADR0 and find the TNT4882 from MAX at the correct address of 3.
This particular issue now seems to be closed for me, I will now go on to try to receive data and send data.

Thanks for all of your help.
0 Kudos
Message 64 of 65
(904 Views)
Glad to hear you have it working.
0 Kudos
Message 65 of 65
(897 Views)