Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TI AFE4490 on labview

Hello,

I am currently working on the following project:
With an acquisition card (AFE4490) manufactured by TI (they don't broadcast labview source code , or the driver for use directly ), I should be able to process the values in real time in labview . The card is connected to the computer via a USB port, but the chip communicates using a SPI port.
To do this, they gave me the datasheet of this card and the main operation is to write the different registers in this card from labview . I have a sheet with 30 registers with  addresses and corresponding reading and writing addresses.
For example, after the initialization of the card, the first operation is LED2STC , address 0x01 and address read / write 0x0017C0 .
The doc says that the chip has 32 bits , it uses the first 8 to write the address and uses the 24 other to write the reading and writing addresses.
So I wanted to know how it was possible to enter these registers in labview ?

Attached a sheet with the list of the registers.

Regards,

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(6,693 Views)
NI offers the 8451 for SPI communication.
http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/202368
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(6,683 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your reply but I'm in charge of this project over an unpaid formation, so I thought more programming ideas in labview directly. I saw a feature that allowed to write a 32-bit block, that is what I want, but I don't know how to wire it.

Regards,

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(6,668 Views)
LabVIEW is software and you'll need some sort of hardware. What are you planning on using?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(6,661 Views)

What do you mean?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(6,658 Views)
How are you planning to physically connect to the spi port?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(6,646 Views)

The chip is integrated into the capture card and is connected to the computer via USB.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(6,640 Views)
Sorry, I thought you meant it had a separate port.

You will have to get details on the USB communication from TI. Did they provide anything at all on how to connect and read/write to it? How does the device appear on Windows device manager?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(6,631 Views)

Yes here is the datasheet, page 47 to 73 it explains how to read and write data, but there is no link with Labview...

There is a software that was installed with the card, but it does not meet expectations because it does not allow to take continuous measurements, unlike Labview.
I use Measurement and Automation software that allows me to see the TI card and access its properties and see its attributes.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(6,615 Views)
You attached the data sheet for a component - not a board with a USB port. You need something that explains the serial communication that the USB is emulating. Contact TI for the correct manual.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(6,606 Views)