From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Controller Structure

Hi,

Is it possible to replace the PID advance with other controller structure? I wonder If I could replace it with PID Academic, PID Parallel or PID Series using case structure but as I've researched, they only work on simulation since they need transfer function to work. Is it possible to implement such controller structure in a real process without using any transfer function? 

I am using PID advance as a controller for motor speed to controll parameters such as level flow and pressure.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,919 Views)

Hey Gotchie,

What version of LabVIEW are you using? Does the PID advanced not give you the functionality that you are looking for? Have you seen the examples that come with the toolkit?

Regards,

Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,891 Views)

Hello Kira, 

Actually the PID vi I am using is already sufficient for the process control. But the project proposes that the 'Default' PID can be switched between Controller Structure such as the PID Academic,Parallel and Series. I can't find examples which uses such controller structure for real time (not simulation) process.

So is it possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,875 Views)

This is the rough graphical explanation of what I wanted to achieve.

Untitled picture.png

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,874 Views)

Hi Gotchie,

There are no examples that do not simulate the data.  You will need to modify the example VIs to use your inputs and so that they conform to your system.  Are you using LabVIEW 2011?

Regards,
Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,863 Views)