Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch drivers not recognized by SwitchExecutive

I have created specific IVI drivers for some switches. The installer writes to the ini file and MAX recognizes the switches. But on opening the NI Switch Executive, the installed switches do not appear in the "Available List".

I feel it is a problem with the versions I am running:
LabWindows/CVI 6.0
IVI Compliance Package 2.1
MAX 3.0.1
DriverTemplates 2.0
Switch Executive 1.0.2
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,174 Views)
For switch executive to list available switches in the list, there must be an IVI logical name associated with a switch driver session you created with your INI file, and the driver must be recognized as a switch driver (the IVI class must be IviSwtch).
Message 2 of 4
(3,174 Views)
Thanks a lot for your information. We had a logical name associated but while writing to the ini file we had associated the switch with the 'IviSwitch' class instead of 'IviSwtch'. On correcting this error we were able to see the switch in the Available List.

Also, is there any application or source code available for writing or editing the xml file directly instead of writing to the ini file?

Thanks once again for your inputs.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,174 Views)
Hi Ravi,

The future release of the IVI Compliance Package (ICP 2.2) will include an updated IVI MAX provider which will allow editing of Software Modules. It will also include the IVI Installer Creator tool that will allow developers to create IVI compliant installers for their specific drivers. These tools will (hopefully) be available in Q3, 2004.

Regards,

Vesna Jadric
Instrument Drivers/IVI
National Instruments

P.S. If you currently need to create an IVI-compliant installer for your driver, we can do it for you free of charge. Please refer to http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/6f8d1a6d5428c77a86256dc000709710?OpenDocument.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,174 Views)