Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop button doesn't work

Hi,

It's my first time posting and my first time using LabView, so sorry if this post is in the wrong section or missing details. Please let me know what is missing and I will do my best to fill in.

I've designed a program that controls a step motor as part of a spectrometer setup. I'm using the SCB-68 which is connected to a coaxial cable which goes to the detector. The motors are connected to a card that's in a PCI slot. One of the problems we've been having is the "scan" feature: if one accidentally inputs the wrong values for the scan and attempts to stop it, it works only if the data acquisition hasn't already started. If the data acquisition has started, one has to wait for the scan to complete. This is problematic, since some scans can take as long as 35 minutes. I'm not sure why the stop button doesn't work.

The logic behind the scan is: if at correct starting postion, start scan/data acquistion. If not, move to postion and start scan/data acquisition.

Also, we've found that when a number that was previously used to start a scan (say pos: 11000) is put into the same field on the front panel, the scan will automatically start without the user having pressed the "Scan" button. 

I've spent nearly 3 hours trying to wrap my head around why these things are happening, but I can't figure it out.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,595 Views)

Duplicate thread

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,581 Views)

Please,

Try to respectect this rules, it could help you Cat Happy

http://www.ni.com/newsletter/51735/en/

So, don't when you have a loop "A" inside a loop "B", loop B is blocked while loop A if finish.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,455 Views)
AFLAMENT,

When a thread is marked as a duplicate, please don't post anything to it. It just adds to the confusion.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,446 Views)

Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,433 Views)