Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone application on serial communication

Hi,

I created a VI using VISA communication to fetch the measurement made by a multimeter which connects on the USB port. Now, I wanted to created a standalone application so that I can connect my multimeter to target PC, install the application on it and fetch the measurements on it (I am not talking about the previous measurements made) . But the problem is that, when I build the application and installer, it works fine on the computers which have labview installed and not on those which don't have labview in them. The target computer is able to communicate with the device which was confirmed by Hyperterminal. What could be the problem? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,851 Views)

Did you install VISA?  Did you install the LabVIEW Runtime Engine?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,848 Views)

I'm using the installer. So, I wouldn't be needed to install the run time engine, right? I have included the runtime engine in the list of additional installer while creating the installer. Can you tell me more about installing VISA on the target machine? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,842 Views)

Under the Additional Installers for the installer build, you can select what drivers and what not you need for the application.  By default, the Runtime Engine should be selected.  But since you are using VISA to communicate with your instrument, you need to make sure VISA is also selected in the Additional Installers.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 6
(4,837 Views)

Sure, thanks. Can you direct me to any article which will help me through the steps? I'm fairly new to LabVIEW and would appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,819 Views)

The application works now. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,803 Views)