Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Square wave pulse to Agilent E3634A power supply

Hi,

I am using Labview 2011 to provide a square wave TTL pulse to an Agilent E3634A, to control its voltage.
I need the voltage to switch between 4 volts and 6 volts.

My square wave pulse goes between 0 and 2 volts. I then add this output to a constant voltage of 4 volts using a simple adder function and then supply the summed output to the Agilent block. The block is from an example file called 'Output DC Volts' that came with the instrument driver. Originally, the example file had a constant input voltage to the agilent which works fine.

I replaced the constant input with the summed output of the square wave and the constant.
When I read the output using a waveform chart, the voltage switches perfectly between 4 and 6 volts.
However, the Agilent is only displaying 4 volts all the time.

I would appreciate and feedback on this problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,686 Views)

Does the Agilent device properly read the 0-2 Volts wave?  As in, before you add the DC offset, does it at least read the square wave?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,605 Views)

No, it does not. It just keep oscillating between 0 and 0.0002 volts no matter what value I set for the amplitude of the square wave.

The example file that I modified was called 'Output DC volts' so I think it may only accept constant values and not square waves. But in that case, is there any other way to provide a pulsed voltage to the Agilent?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,599 Views)

In the Example Finder within LabVIEW, there is a 'Voltage - Continuous Output.vi' example that outputs a square wave.  I would go ahead and try that one out.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,581 Views)