Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some serial drivers for lab stuff

On the web I found that with Labview you can interface many instruments with the serial port. However, few working vis are available. I 've
worked on some of them and  I post the code. My vis are very simple and implement basic functionalities. I tested all and with my instruments
work just fine. If someone use them and add more parts , please share upgrade to the community. I used Labview 8.2.

Temperature Controller Digi Sense 89000-15. I found a incomplete vi here : http://forums.lavag.org/Digi-sense-68900-11-Temp-controller-serial
-comm-problems-t3636.html ; and I merged with the standard example " Basic Seril Write and Read ". I implemented only the temperature and time
reading. The vendor gives detailed information how to controll all the functionalities here http://www.digi-sense.com/instmanuals.htm
The controller is pretty nice, a little expensive but precise and weel documented.

Stirrer IKA-Werke power controll visc. The vendor gives all the information for serial com after signature here :
http://www.ika.net/owa/ika/signon.country The stirrer is expensive but definitly a high quality tool. I read many labs use it with labview
however I haven't found any driver. My vi implements the reading of torque and speed. It also give and example of remote control and speed
setting. I haven't implemented any ramp controll. It would be nice to make a full controll of the stirrer with labview.

pH meter Mettler Seven Easy. Manual available after signature here :http://us.mt.com/home. You can only read data but it is enough you set the
right setting to the com port. Very easy, very nice.

Regards
Gianmarco
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31
(7,273 Views)
Hi Gianmarco

thanks for the vi's.
maybe someone from the instrument driver group knows a better place to put your vi's.

Noel, do you hav an idea? for such starter vi's that help to get a full blown driver afterwards.
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31
(7,237 Views)

Hi Gianmarco if you're interested in shararing your drivers with our community you can give a look to this page.

http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/

Here you'll find all the information you need to post your own instrument driver making it accessible to anyone should need it in the future.

Best Regards

FiloP
It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.
Richard P. Feynman
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31
(7,222 Views)

Hi:

I tried to open your IKA driver but I have labview 8.1 can you send drivers for this instrument in LabView 7.1 and 8.1?

Thanks

Ken Venzant

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31
(7,134 Views)
Submitting your drivers to the Instrument Driver Network is the best way to share with the rest of the LabVIEW community:

NI will take care of making your code available on the most recent LabVIEW versions.

Thank you for your contribution!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31
(7,121 Views)

Can someone convert these files to LabView 7.1

Thanks

KenCOGITO

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31
(7,103 Views)

Can Someone convert these files to LabView 7.1.

Thanks.

KenCOGITO

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31
(7,102 Views)
Attached zip file has 7.1 VIs.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31
(7,019 Views)
hello Gianmarco,

I'm trying to use your ph meter driver, but on loading he tell me he didn't find this visa lib : "visa configure serial port for velleman multimeter.vi"

i continue and ignore it. the application don't send error but stay waiting in visa read block.

Could you please put a link to this .vi  to complete the driver  !  🙂

Another question, i called mettler compagny to have the table of commands but without any result, have you some to try connexion via hyperterminal ?

to precise, and kill the horse,  i use seven multi with 2 modules 1) ph 2) conductivity, do you have an idea to measure both parameters ?

best regards  

Sébastien

Message Edité par tinnitus le 01-03-2008 09:05 AM
CLAD / Labview 2011, Win Xp
------------------------------------------------------
Mission d'une semaine- à plusieurs mois laissez moi un MP...
RP et Midi-pyrénées .Km+++ si possibilité de télétravail

Kudos always accepted / Les petits clicks jaunes sont toujours appréciés
Don't forget to valid a good answer / pensez à valider une réponse correcte
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31
(6,524 Views)
hello everybody,

i finaly found the velleman vi , and the driver seems to work, exept i have a configuration probleme with seveneasy ,

i can receive data from an hyperterminal if it's configured as a sender to print (roll) , but in if i try to command the device (with labx mode) using a command
it always respond "ES" ?

if any of you have an idea !

best regards

Sébastien

CLAD / Labview 2011, Win Xp
------------------------------------------------------
Mission d'une semaine- à plusieurs mois laissez moi un MP...
RP et Midi-pyrénées .Km+++ si possibilité de télétravail

Kudos always accepted / Les petits clicks jaunes sont toujours appréciés
Don't forget to valid a good answer / pensez à valider une réponse correcte
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31
(6,472 Views)