From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solaris 2 GPIB driver availability?

I am using it currently on SunOS 4.1.3 but would like the option to use a newer version of Solaris.

According to NI website:

The GPIB-ENET, SB-GPIB and the SCSI-GPIB drivers for Solaris 2.x are 
not available for free download. They must be purchased seperately.

However when I contact NI about purchasing these driver they said they were not available.

Does anyone know wherer I can get the Solaris 2+ driver for the GPIB-SCSI-A and/or SB-GPIB adapter?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,596 Views)

Hi haightc!

Have you already checked this document? 

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/5458/en/#toc2

Let me know if it has what you are looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,554 Views)

Yes, I have and it says the same thing

The driver for PCI-GPIB, SB-GPIB, and SCSI-GPIB is not available for free download. You must purchase the driver from National Instruments, unless you already have the NI-488.2 version 2.0 installed. This software adds a number of enhancements and bug fixes to the previous software supported for Solaris 2 (v2.0), including:

1. Fixes problems with the ReadStatusByte function that causes incorrect status values to be returned on 64 bit OS.
  2. Fixes some problems with RQS detection and multi-threaded support that can crash the system.
  3. Adds installation support for Solaris 8.
  4. Adds installation support for PXI-GPIB and PMC-GPIB.
  5. Fixes a bug which causes multiple PCI-GPIB boards to be assigned to the same gpib interface.
  6. Adds 64 bit static and dynamic libraries for the language interface.

This driver supports Sun Solaris Version 2.5.1 through 2.8 (Solaris 8).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,549 Views)

Were exactly are you getting this message?

What are the drivers you need to download? GPIB-ENET/100, GPIB-ENET, GPIB-SPRC-B
SB-GPIB?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,539 Views)

Specifically I am trying to choose the GPIB-SCSI-A fro solaris 2.5+

select1.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,526 Views)

And at what point are you getting the message?

When you try to download, or when you try to install?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,501 Views)
JLZam,

You get the message when you click on the link of the page that you posted. Expand the description of the download page.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,497 Views)

I tried with my NI account and with my personal account and was able to download it with both. It took a while for the server to respond though.

Attached is the file I downloaded. Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,488 Views)

I you select 2.3, there is nothing to download and it gives you part numbers to order...   Unfortunately when I tried to buy them, NI told me they are no longert able to sell/provide them.

SB-GPIB/TNT: part# 776399-01
GPIB-SCSI-A: part# 776388-01

If one selects 2.2 there is a tar file attached but it is stickly an update package for the existing solaris 2 driver.

Hence, why I am asking about being able to track down this driver

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,487 Views)

Thank you for the clarification.

Indeed the following products are not for sale at the NI website

SB-GPIB/TNT: part# 776399-01
GPIB-SCSI-A: part# 776388-01

However there might be something that the Sales Representative for your region can do to help.

I would advise you to contact NI and ask for the representative for your region. Even if he/she is not able to provide you with the drivers you he/she should give some advice on how to solve the issue you are having

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,476 Views)