Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Power Ramp Up

Hello, 

I have a high power voltage supply.  I need to slowly ramp up the voltage of the power supply, say 20 V per second, up to 1000 V.  

I can control the power of the supply manually. For example I can set the power supply to be 100 V run the program, then 120 V run the program, etc. Is there a way to have the program do this automatically?

Attached please see my code.

Thanks for the help.

Respectfully, 

Andre

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,661 Views)

What power supply?  Do you have drivers for it?  A simple FOR loop or a state machine could easily do this.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,657 Views)

I have a SRS PS 350.

Can I take my entire program and then do a small for loop with a let's say half a second delay? How would I incrementally increase the power to the supply?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,648 Views)

AndreUVA wrote:

Can I take my entire program and then do a small for loop with a let's say half a second delay? How would I incrementally increase the power to the supply?

Use a shift register to hold your set voltage and increment it with each iteration.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,639 Views)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,636 Views)
Or use the Ramp function to create an array of step values and wire that through a for loop.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,633 Views)

Could you please provide me with a bit more information, where do I find the ramp function? and do I simply replace my manual control with a ramp function?

I apologize LabVIEW is not my strong area.

Help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,624 Views)
Use the search button on the function palette.

You should look at some of the free tutorials. Pay attention to the auto-indexing feature of a for loop.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,617 Views)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,611 Views)