Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial port not shown in MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

In my case this is not consistent, some times NI RS485 USB cable is not detected as I posted earlier.

Is there any solutions for that? I ensured that my device manager is up and running, and it was.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,126 Views)

Also to add up, I stated my PXI system this morning and there was nothing fishy with the startup programs or system connection.

Today when I was running the application the USB 485 port lost it's reference and I have to unplug and plug it back again?

I need to fix this, because the production might not like this behaviour.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,118 Views)

Hello @grimmy123,

I think at this point since the original issue of 'serial port not shown' has been resolved, and now you are finding your serial port then losing your serial port, you will get more exposure to the rest of the NI community if you start a new thread under the title 'Serial Port Disappearing.' I would recommend starting a new thread in order to get more exposure to this issue to get it resolved in the most timely manner.

I might recommend resetting your MAX database to reconfigure your serial port, but again, you will get more exposure if you create a new thread:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

All the best,  

Weston S.  

Applications Engineering  

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,114 Views)

Thanks Weston

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,111 Views)