Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Modbus Protocol driver

Hello there,

I'm trying to find MODBUS RTU driver (serial communication driver) for
Labview. I'd really appreciate that very much.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,212 Views)
Hi rolop,

National Instruments offers a number of MODBUS RTU drivers that are specific to the PLC device. LabVIEW essentially functions as an OPC client with other third-party OPC servers using DataSockets. National Instruments also has a product called Industrial Automation OPC Servers that provides an OPC Server for a large number of PLC communication protocols, including Modbus RTU. Industrial and Automation OPC Servers installs a program called Lookout Protocol Drivers (LPD). A list of the drivers NI currently offers can be found here:
Lookout Protocol Drivers

In the Lookout Protocol Drivers , the co
mmunication settings can be configured for your PLC (the Modbus RTU, in your case). LPD then communicates with the PLC by running as the OPC Server and exposes all the registers of the PLC as OPC items. You can then write your LabVIEW application as an OPC client using DataSockets to read/write to the PLC. The following is a KnowledgeBase article detailing LabVIEW support for Modbus:
Do LabVIEW and LabVIEW Real-Time Support Modbus?

Hope this helps. Have a great day!

Kileen Cheng
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,212 Views)
Hi rolop,
To find ModBus Driver (RTU or ASCII, serial or TCP...)for LabVIEW, try this URL http://www.saphir.fr/SAPHIRnet/Admin/home.htm
You can download a demo version to test driver with your hardware.

I hope that it help you...

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,212 Views)
I am not able to access the website for downloading the modbus driver. Where else can i find a modbus driver for labview to communicate with my modbus device?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,212 Views)
The WebSite has changed recently 😞
the URL is now :
http://www.saphir.fr/FR/produits/pilotes/modbus/index.htm

unfortunately the site is only in french...for the moment I think. i believe that you can have more info at this e-mail : support-ModBusVIEW@saphir.fr

I hope that is not too late for the answer...

Olivier

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,211 Views)