Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Communications with Vaisala HMP113

I am having troubles communicating with this device thorough Labview 2013.  In my program I use the Visa Configure serial port and use the default settings on all of the inputs except the baud rate which has to be set at 19200. Next I have the write.vi with the command "send" which tells the insrument to "output readings once".  After this I have the read.vi with 100 bytes to be read in.  When I run this the following error occurs at the read.vi

Error -1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in Untitled 1

Possible reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

Now I have tried this in a terminal emulator colled Terra Term

As soon as I hit enter after typeing in the command send it returns the data.  So is the issue that the data returns before labview has a chance to read it and therefore there is nothing in the read buffer.  If so how do I get around this?  If not then what is the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,410 Views)
Are you sending the same termination character(s) that you are sending with teraterm? Are you sending any termination character(s) at all? My guess is that you are missing this essential step. Right click on the string control and select '\' Codes Display. Now you can enter a \r for a carriage return or \n for a line feed. Your manual should explain what you need.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,402 Views)

Thanks come to find out I had a / instead of \

Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,386 Views)