Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Communication with arduino

but when i try to do..i have also an error with the timeout.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(948 Views)

Tagni,

Do you know how to use the Arduino IDE serial monitor? I would suggest you test any arduino code using that before you write any LabVIEW code. Basically once you get it working on the serial monitor you can adapt the code (by using some sort of handshaking so you know when a message starts and ends) in LabVIEW. As was suggested earlier using the println command and setting the termination character on the VISA Configure Serial Port.vi is one way to do this. 

Read this page and try the attached code. Then read the arduino.cc page to see how you can adapt the code to more then 1 byte. Continue down that path until you can use the println command effectively.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(943 Views)

Hi Everyone,

Software:Labview 2013

Hardware:Arduino UNO

Problem description:

i try to upload this LIFA-BASE and i get this one as error:

LIFA_Base.cpp.o: In function `loop':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/LIFA_Base.ino:59: undefined reference to `checkForCommand()'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/LIFA_Base.ino:65: undefined reference to `sampleContinously()'
LIFA_Base.cpp.o: In function `setup':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/LIFA_Base.ino:39: undefined reference to `syncLV()'

i attach also a Screenshot.

Could someone help me here?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(919 Views)

If you insist on using a LabVIEW toolkit to help you with your project I suggest you read this. Your questions would probably get more visibility on the LINX site forums.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(905 Views)