From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking appropriate switches or module to turn on 2 of 8 solenoid valves

I have one power supply (24VDC, 0-3A) and 8 solenoid valves (24VDC and 0.1A). Two valves (or more than two in future) have to be activated each time. I am seeking something that can work like switches installed in series with the valves. Then I can wire the valves (with the switches) in parallel with the power supply. As I turn the switches on and off with signals from Labview board, power to that specific valve will be turned on and off.

Any advice for this kind of switches or module that can be controlled by the signal from labview program? Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,813 Views)
shalom,

From the specs you listed, it sounds like the PXI-2567 switch would be ideal for your application. It is a relay driver module, capable of using an external source to actuate a number of relays (up to 64) the way you described. It can accept an external voltage source of up to 50 VDC and it can provide up to 600 mA of current per channel (with a max of 25A for the whole module). Your specs (24 VDC @ 0.1A with 8 solenoids) fall well within the abilities of this board. The only possible snag is that the PXI-2567 is a PXI form factor board, so it needs to be in a PXI or cPCI chassis to function. If you cannot use a PXI chassis, you could look at the SCXI-1167, which is a very similar switch in SCXI form factor instead of PXI form factor. If you have any questions about these devices, I encourage you to get in touch with one of NI's technical representatives at 1-800-433-3488. You can post here for further discussion as well. Have a good day!

Sincerely,

RossC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,806 Views)