From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanivalve connection (DSA 3217)

Hi, 

I've recently acquired a Scanivalve DSA 3217 / 16 Px system. I am trying to set this up with my PC and has directly connected the Scanivalve to the PC using a cross over ethernet cable. I am using the given softwave, which is the NI Labview as well as the DSA Labview 2009 Utility. However, I am unable to communicate to the Scanivalve using the TCP/IP address. 

Help is much appreciated as I am running a project on this.

Thank you all!

Regards,

Kai

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,522 Views)
There is no driver for this device available from NI so you may have to contact whoever wrote this utility that you mention. Are you using VISA to communicate or the tcp/ip functions? If VISA, is the instrument visible in MAX? Is the instrument on the same subnet as your pc? Can you ping it? I see that the vendor has some software. Does this work?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,503 Views)

Hello,

You may need the drivers from scanivalve.

Did they send you the VIs too with DSA3217.

regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,289 Views)

Hello Yakai, were you able to get this issue resolved? If not, email techsupport@scanivalve.com and Aaron, one of their engineers, will help you out. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,235 Views)