From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPPORT OF MODBUS PROTOCOL

hi,
we r working on a project with a instrument( scanner) having modbus protocol,along with labview7.1 and other input-output devices. now can u kindly guide us the best possible way for the communication with these instruments. we would like to know the the drivers required for the same.n also how to communicate with the instrument through rs 232?...
can u just give the most efficent manner for the above things.

awaiting for the positive support.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,207 Views)
The Eurotherm 2000 Series Certified LabVIEW Driver contains low level VIs that send and receive commands using the MODBUS protocol. I recommend that you review these low-level VIs and try to adapt them to your needs. You will still need to know the different commands for your instrument(s).

Jason Hobbs
Instrument Drivers
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,194 Views)
You can find serial ModBus Driver [url=http://www.saphir.fr/GB/products/drivers/modbus/index.htm]here[\url]. There is an exe demo (implementing the driver) to test communication with your device...
The driver use is easy, just use high-level VIs implementing the different request of the protocol.

Hope, this can help you...

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,149 Views)
Hi.
I am also trying to figure out how to communicate via the serialport with a modbus device.
I tried downloading the driver from ni.com but all I can see in Labview Userlib was a number of vi:s with a questionmark as an icon? when I tried to place one of the vi:s on the blockdiagram it didn't appear.
does anybody know what to do?
Please.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,095 Views)
ok guys. I placed the driver in the wrong directory.
now its working.
sorry...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,074 Views)