Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCPI commands

Hi

can any one let me know how to send SCPI commands to an agilent device over USB itnerface, i installed USBTMC drivers and the device is listed out in the /dev/usbtmc0,  now i have to send the SCPI commands to fetch the data.

A sample command example how to send the SCPI commands.

Thanks

varun.p

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,134 Views)

Use the VISA interface as it doesn't really care what the actual bus is.  From there, it is just writing and reading the strings.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,133 Views)

Hi

Thanks for the reply, can you pleaseee bit explain more here i am very new to this device.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,130 Views)

@varunp wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the reply, can you pleaseee bit explain more here i am very new to this device.

sounds like some LabVIEW tutorial is required

http://www.ni.com/academic/students/learn-labview/

Edit: the OP's post is a duplicate of http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/N6705B-connectivity-via-GPIB-interface-in-UNI...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,128 Views)
For detailed help, you need to say what programming language you are using. There are examples included when you install NI-VISA.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,113 Views)
Your statement about any real company not using LabVIEW is just ridiculous. I'm sure you said that to just start a flame war. Please be a little professional.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,923 Views)

@Vanir wrote:

There is an easier method than the path of despair and career suicide (Labview).

Career suicide?????

You really should stick your head out of your hole and see what the current job ads for test engineers require.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,908 Views)
My guess is that you are bitter that no one would hire you. You really have nothing worthwhile to contribute.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,793 Views)
I've reported you as a troll for your unprofessional and unwarranted comments.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,798 Views)