Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCPI-Command for PowerSupply Agilent N6700 to disable outputs if overcurrent occurs

Hello,
i´m working with a PowerSupply model Agilent N6700. This is only a mainframe which can have up to 4 modules integrated.

With SCPI-commands i can enable an OverCurrentProtection for each module (1..4) what is done with this command:
CURR:PROT:STAT ON,(@4)  (where 4 is the module-number)

What i am now looking for is a command which disables ALL 4 modules immediatly  when there was anOverCurrent on one of the modules.

For example first i set all 4 modules to 10V,1A, State=ON with OCP = 1A
Then there happens during testing an overcurrent on module 2 which disables currently only the output on this module.
But i want to disable ALL outputs immediatly if there was an overcurrent on any of the modules.

I know how to do it from external by checking all states with CURR:PROT:STAT? (@1) and if one of them wozuld be true to disable manually the outputs, but i want that the mainframe is configured to execute this by itself and to disable all outputs.

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

Message Edited by OnlyOne on 07-26-2007 11:37 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,812 Views)
It may be faster to contact Agilent to get an answer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,806 Views)
... or by reading the manual *g*:

OUTPut:PROTection:COUPle <Bool>

OUTPut:PROTection:COUPle?

Description

This command enables/disables output coupling for protection faults. When enabled, ALL output channels are disabled when a protection fault occurs on any output channel. The enabled state is On (1); the disabled state is Off (0). When disabled, only the affected output channel is disabled when a protection fault is triggered

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,790 Views)