Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rs-232 digital potentiometer using SPI and USB-6008

Hi

why can't it work?

and it seems you really are in a hurry after a few weeks silence

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,895 Views)

i tried a lot,it can not change the value of resistence of digi pot mcp41010..can you give me the right programme...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,890 Views)

Hi Albert, Sorry I think there is some confusion.Smiley Happy Its another user who seems to be in a hurry after not myself.  I haven't had the chance to look back on it and it seems like I might not need it after all as I just purchased a couple of ICs that can better solve my problem. 

Ankitsharma. I suggest using possibly the 7555 as your clock signal 

Cheers, 

Darren 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,884 Views)

can you briefly tell me,how can i use 7555 to generate the clock

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,882 Views)

@ankitsharma wrote:

can you briefly tell me,how can i use 7555 to generate the clock

Perhaps you should consider actually looking at a datasheet?

Message 15 of 19
(1,864 Views)

sorry Darren, did not look deep enough

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,852 Views)

hello

I know this is a fairly old post but I have a similar problem to control digital potentiometer with USB 6008 now. I also use SPI digpot

Did you succeed to change digital potentiometer resistance with USB 6008 using RS232? Can you give me clues about how can I do it? I don't quite understand with the attached files in this thread

I'm very stuck now

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,730 Views)

or did you just use arduino?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,727 Views)

Hi kamil8,

To be clear, are you using LabVIEW, or another NI software product to communicate with the digital potentiometer, or is this a separate program using the DAQmx API?

I might suggest making a new thread for your question so that other forum responders can see that you have a new question and be more able to help you out, even if the question is similar (as you said, this is a fairly old thread).

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,706 Views)