Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading and frequency sweep on agilent 4980a

Hi all.

I newbie on Labview myself but always using this forum to answer all the problem that i had.

Currently I work at compression measurement and do the measurement of load cell and impedance at the same time. I use labview command that included when installing driver.

My problem is that I need to utilize agilent 4980a to read the impedance value on 1K and force value on load cell while probe is moving to compress the spesimen (I reach this step) but I need to add program to stop the probe and execute frequency sweep (and store it in additional file) without terminating the program it self to continue on each point I desire. When i see example program on agilent 4980a, Program to start frequency sweep is different and it's quite confuse me.

Is that any way to inserting frequency command on loop in labview?

I upload my flowchart.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Ananta

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,415 Views)

Ananta,

For most instrument control applications, you can replicate commands as you would enter them on the instrument. So if you can perform this frequency sweep in the middle of a test on the instrument itself, you should be able to send serial commands from LabVIEW to mimic this behavior. Once it has been established this task is possible, I would recommend combining parts of the instrument driver examples to try to attain this functionality.

Message 2 of 2
(4,377 Views)