Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Visa resource name does not appear in labview

Hi,

I'm having the same problem a user srms. I have installed all the Keysight IO library Suite, and I have enabled the tulip in MAX. I can communicate with the instrument using the Keysight softwares, and I can see the instrument in the NI MAX, but I can't see the instrument in the dropdown list of the VISA resource name in labview. Is the any additional step to see my instrument in the VISA resource name dropdown list?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,284 Views)

Hi JavyNI,

Thanks for your post. In order for you to receive the best support from the community, please create a new thread on the forums, post your question there, and reference this forum post. This current thread is almost four years old. 

As a note, here are two things that you could try:

1. You can actually supply a string value in place of a VISA resource name; thus, if you copy the name exactly as it appears in MAX (something like "GPIB::1::0::INSTR") and place that in a string constant, you can use that as the input to the VISA resource terminal.
  2. Take a look at this forum post and see if any of the information discussed here is helpful in your situation. There are a few steps of configuration settings that may need to be set so that you can see the VISA resource in the control.

Feel free to post on this thread the link to the new forum post, and I can take a look and respond there.

Regards,

Regards,

Michael Whitten
Senior RF Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 3
(3,250 Views)

Moved to new thread.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,242 Views)