Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS232 communication

Hello sir,

I want to communicate IT100 and Logic Machines server through RS232.Both having rs232 output. I have connected  gnd to gnd. TX to Rx , Rx to Tx

But I didnt see anything as output.

Please help me

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,978 Views)

What software are you using to read the serial port?  Do you have the right UART settings (baud rate, parity, data bits, stop bits, etc)?  Do you have to request data from the instruments?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,951 Views)

First, I hope you are connecting each device to a separate serial port. 

Next, the documentation for the Power Series Integration Module (IT-100) mentions that it defaults to 9600baud with (8-N-1) 8 data bits, no parity and a single stop bit.  When it is connected and powered, you should be able to send the HEX command:

303031910D0A

Which is a Status Request for Software Version [001 - (0x303031)] tagged with its checksum [(0x91)] then a Carriage Return [CR - (0xD)] and Line Feed [LF - (0xA)].  An expected response from the device would start with [908 - (0x393038)].  The next two characters are the Version number followed by the next two which are the sub-version number.  The next two are for future use.  It then has the checksum and completes with the CR/LF.  The documentation mentions that it WILL send the STATUS REQUEST information for all partitions initially upon power-up regardless of whether a request has been sent.  If it is working, data should be present in the RS-232 Read buffer.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,945 Views)

Thank you for your support.

I will check and tell u

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,916 Views)