Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIGOL DS2072 - USB NI-VISA Initialization Error

Great! Thanks for your proactive help, Sunshine.

- Charles

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,967 Views)

Hello All,

I have RIGOL's scopes DS2202, DS4034, DS6104.

OS Windows 7 64-bit.

Certified LabVIEW Plug and Play (project-style) Instrument Driver for these models is named:

RIGOL DS2000 DS4000 DS6000 Series  Oscilloscope.

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=CEDF09A2AA8F261BE0440021287E65...

It mentioned:

Models Tested:

DS4054, DS6104, DS2202

Only DS6104 passes without error "the viClear function in the Initialize.vi".

it means models DS2XXX and DS4XXX were not tested.

Charles.Tac proposed a reasonable workaround, but every new installation will owerride it.

Thanks,

Sergiy

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,861 Views)

Hi sergiy,

I don't have one of the instruments to actually test with, but I have reviewed the code. Are you attempting to use the initialize vi directly? If so, can you get a response from the ID request? Also, does it crash with reset set as true, false, or both ways? Also, does this work properly with MAX test panels?

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,842 Views)

Hi Christopher,

1. DS2, DS4, DS6 work properly with MAX test panels. MAX just sends "IDN?".

Original Reset.vi

Reset.vi RIGOL.jpg

My Reset.vi

Reset.vi ST.jpg

3. Charles.Tac described workaround for Initialize.vi.

DS6 works.

DS2, DS4 work if you delete or disable "the viClear function in the Initialize.vi". 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,829 Views)
What is your question?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,824 Views)

I was hoping you'd answer Dennis' question, as I am also having trouble determining exactly what your question is. I can offer some input though.

I am not directly familiar with the instruments in question, but as you have discovered in your reset function, sending multiple commands without any delay in between can sometimes cause issues depending upon your instrument and the settings of your interface device.

Is it possible that you are attempting to use HS GPIB, as outlined in this white-paper?

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4552/en/

If so, and I'll admit this is somewhat of a guess, you're T1 delay may be too short. I am not familiar with, and don't readily have access to, the IEEE standards document mentioned so I can't say this definitively.

If you need a particular aspect of this research further, let me know and we'll see if we can't narrow down the scope of the inquiry a bit.

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(2,801 Views)

Hi Christopher,

Sorry, it was not clear for me whom does Dennis ask.

We can close this post.

Thanks,

Sergiy

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(2,796 Views)

I dont know if it will solve your problem but I found this tutorial how to setup Visa connection with Rigol DS1074Z oscilloscope. Maybe it is also applicable for Rigol DS2072

http://linkbone.com/rigol-oscilloscope-remote-control-visa-scpi/

Message 18 of 18
(2,724 Views)