Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAW shows up but not INSTR

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm using LabVIEW 2015 on a Windows 10 machine. Previously had a program working just fine, it would connect to the NI-VISA USB Instrument and display a continuous graph, but when I came in today the INSTR option was gone, and only the RAW option remained (which doesn't work for this program, unfortunately). Any suggestions for what to try to fix this? I've already tried the absolute basics (turning it off and on again, unplugging it and plugging it back in, reinstalling the driver, etc) but am lost as to where to go from here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,510 Views)

Which instrument are you trying to connect? Which driver did you instal? What does MAX show on software?

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,486 Views)

I'm trying to connect an OceanOptics HR4000 spectrometer. I'm using the driver found in the package which can be downloaded at this link: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=7833BD4A31DA1274E04400144FB7D2...

On software, I've attached a screencap of what MAX shows.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,466 Views)

Hi

By accident I know this driver.

Did you follow the guidelines in the html read me to set your windows machine correctly.

Ocean Optics 2000 4000 Instrument Driver ReadmeInstallation Instructions

• Go to Program Files>>National Instruments>>LabVIEW>>instr.lib>>Ocean Optics 2000 4000>>VISA_USB
  • Select the folder for the model of instrument you are using.  in your case the HR4000
  • For Windows Vista and Windows 7, use the INF file with _vista in the file name (eg.Ocean Optics USB4000_vista.inf). For XP, use the other INF file.
  • To install, right click and select Install.
  • NI MAX should be able to detect this instrument after installing the INF file.

In windows 10 case use the win7 direction

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,454 Views)

Hi Albert,

Unfortunately this does not work. As I stated in the OP, it was previously working on my computer, and that was how I did it. Unfortunately it has stopped working, and when I did that again it did not help. It detects RAW, but not INSTR like it used to.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,453 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kdolson18

First remove the device from usb.

Remove in the devicemanager all links to the device.

Then try again and make sure not to use the XP link.

After that plug in the device.

In fact this inf file conects via RAW.

Message 6 of 6
(3,448 Views)