Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query more channels by a Rigol Oscilloscope at the same time

Hi folks, I need help to understand what can i do with my oscilloscope.

Initially I wrote the DEMO program, provides with the Oscilloscope. With this I were able to acquire data by a channel.

Now I need to acquire more channels data at the sme time, beacause I have to:

- Trigger the signal;

- compare two different signal from two different circuits that are generated at the same time.

Can I do this? I report my demo.

Thanks for you help 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,161 Views)

@GiuTemp wrote:

Hi folks, I need help to understand what can i do with my oscilloscope.

Initially I wrote the DEMO program, provides with the Oscilloscope. With this I were able to acquire data by a channel.

Now I need to acquire more channels data at the sme time, beacause I have to:

- Trigger the signal;

- compare two different signal from two different circuits that are generated at the same time.

Can I do this? I report my demo.

Thanks for you help 

I don't care what your demo VI looks like.

Read the manual.

And I would suggest you take some LabVIEW tutorials and *learn* dataflow programming.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,152 Views)

Thanks nyc.

I have just started to study about programming in LabView and I have a lot to do.
But what i wanted to understad is if i can query more channels by an oscilloscope at the same time.

Because if it is not possible, i will change software. I have not so much time to get results 😞

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,143 Views)

@GiuTemp wrote:

Thanks nyc.

I have just started to study about programming in LabView and I have a lot to do.
But what i wanted to understad is if i can query more channels by an oscilloscope at the same time.

Because if it is not possible, i will change software. I have not so much time to get results 😞

Thanks 

Which part of read the manual for the scope do you not understand?

Message 4 of 9
(5,132 Views)
You can query the scope for the second channel after you've read the first. The key is making sure that both channels are acquired at the same time. The software you use is irrelevant to the basic functioning of the instrument.

Your code does not need that silly sequence structure. Get rid of it. What's the make and model of the scope? Have you looked for an existing driver?
Message 5 of 9
(5,129 Views)

Thanks a lot Dennis. My instrument is a RIGOL model DS1054Z. Yes, I've just searched for a driver and it works in sequence. 
But  the purpose of my work is acquire two signal at the same time. I'll take the memory directly by the oscilloscope for post-processing data.

However, Thanks a lot 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,121 Views)
As long as both channels get triggered at the same time, then you don't have a problem.
Message 7 of 9
(5,118 Views)

@GiuTemp wrote:

I've just searched for a driver and it works in sequence. 

If their driver uses a sequence. It is very poor LabVIEW programming.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,108 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
As long as both channels get triggered at the same time, then you don't have a problem.

Gee, he would actually have to read the manual to learn how to do this remotely.

What a concept?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,107 Views)