Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program PSOCs-5 using Labview&TesStand

Hi All Experts,

I just developed an ATE system which got PSOC MiniProg3 buildin and USB connected and direct wired to UUT.

At the moment I using the PSOC programmer and program my software from there. Can someone please help me

by showing me how to intergrate the programming by using LabView & TestStand. I'm just a new learner at the moment

Therefore the more details help the much better.

Thanks in Advance

Vincent 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,540 Views)

Hi NotHon,

Can you give us more information on what you are asking?  

So far, I understand you have created an Automatic Test Equipment (ATE?) system, and control your unit under test (UUT) using PSoC® Programmer.  

Are you wondering about controlling your hardware using LabVIEW, and automating the testing process using TestStand?  If this is the case, we will need more information about what you want to accomplish before advising.  Specifically important pieces of information include but are not limited to:

• The hardware involved in your system
  • The versions of TestStand and LabVIEW you plan to use
  • The type of communication used to couple your Test Machine and the UUT.

Thanks for the information.

Warm Regards,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,521 Views)

Hi Daniel,

-I got an ATE system which consisting NI PXIe-1078 chassis, NIPXIe-8115 Controller and other NI MUX + DAQ cards..etc

-Using LabView 2012 + TestStand 2010.

-PSOC programmer is only program ".HEX + configuration" PSOC5 Microcontroller using on UUT.

Labview and TestStand are fully controlling and automating testing the UUT however on my UUT I'm using a PSOC5 Cypress Microcontroller 

Which required program and at the moment I'm using PSOC programmer provided by Cypress to program this Microcontroller http://www.cypress.com/?rID=38050 via USB connection on the NI PXIe-8115 controller.

I need all of your expertise help to automate this programming technique by TestStand or LabView to program the Microcontroller instead of using manufacture programmer software provided.

Using PSOC Programmer is inconvenient for production testing since testing 1000+ boards per test which mean they have to open/close PSOC programmer every time including loading configuration.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,508 Views)

Hi NotHon,

I did some searching on Cypress' website and was able to find a document which contains information on programming the microcontroller using an external host programmer.  It looks like this resource can be ported to a host programmer by use of the C modules included within it.  See the following excerpt from the Cypress website:

The application note AN73054 - PSoC® 3 / PSoC 5 Programming Using an External Microcontroller (HSSP)will enable in the rapid development of in-system programmers by providing a portable, modular C code that can be easily ported to any host programmer development platform with minimal changes. The following are the broad changes required while porting the code to a specific host programmer.

• SWD physical layer routines to access (read, write) the programming pins. These routines will have to be modified based on the method of accessing  an I/O pin state in the host programmer
  • The method of getting the data to be programmed to the target PSoC 3/5. Some host programmers might use the on-chip memory to store the data to be programmed; other host programmers might use a communication interface like USB, SPI to get the programming data

LabVIEW is capable of calling C DLLs.  If you package the programming interface for your microcontroller within a DLL and call it from LabVIEW, you can create a VI which programs your device.

Please let me know if this helps.

Warm Regards,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,495 Views)

Are you solved this problem !

I ask because I like PSoC and NI technologies.

DORU

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,505 Views)