Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the link between PXI chassis and PC via MXI-4

MAX display the chassis with a yellow exclamation point, and the MXI-4 conection monitor indicates taht the connection to the chassis has timed out.
Under the windows device manager appears PCI std PCI-to-PCI bridge and MXI-4 connection monitor working properly.
The system has bben working properly for one year and suddenly start to fail.
I've tried to uninstall fromn device manager and reinstall again, and teh problem continues. When the PC starts detect new hardware and reinstall from CD with MXI-4 software for windows v 1.0
Only the led PWR lights. The link indicator remains always off, from power up continuously. The cable connection has benn checked ok.
The chassis is powered up in the proper sequence, first the PXI chassis, and the the PC.
Operating system windows XP service pack 2; latest update KB835732 30/12/2004 (V 6.2)
labwindows/cvi (fds) 7.0
ivi compliance oackage 2.1.2
max 3.1
ni-daq 7.3
visa 3.1
chassis pxi-1000b with PXI-8331.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,501 Views)
Hi,

We had a similar kind of problems with the MXI-4 card. Looks like the MXI-4 cards have some problem. We had returned the card to the NI support people and we are working on the MXI-3 setup only.

Regards,
Siddu
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,497 Views)
Hello,

it could it be an incompatibility with the desktop PC (maybe?). I know of cases in which the PCI board can be incompatible with a certain PC for various reasons (PCI bus not 100% compliant to PCI standards, PCI power rails, PCI bus-master capabilities, motherboard/chipset issues, etc..).

I mean, has the PC been changed?
Wich PC model/brand is it?
Have you tested it on another of PC (another model)?

In case you have already tested your mxi-4 in other PCs and the behavior is the same, I suggest you to contact your local NI office for assistance.

Regards,

Jorge M.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,479 Views)
The PC has not been changed

model / brand: Dell Optiplex GX110

Tested in another PC: Dell Optiplex GX280

I want to know how to test separately each board: sotware tools, interconecting comunication pins...?

Best regards
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,474 Views)
Hello again,

it looks like it's a damaged board. Your local NI representative will help you on that matter.

Regards,

Jorge M.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,467 Views)