Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the ethernet to GPIB connection

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble getting any data (except erros^^) from an Ahlborn Almemo 5690-1M

I'm using as mentioned an Ahlborn Almemo 5690-1M which is connected via a GPIB to Ethernet adapter to a small ethernet-switch that is also connected to my Notebook.

On my Notebook there's a Virtual Machine Installed(Win 10 Pro) an in that Virtual Machine I have installed LabVIEW 2013 together with the NI Systemconfigurator, NI VISA, NI-Serial and NI-DAQmx.

My problem is that everytime i try to use the VISA Test Panel and click on "Read" it says "VISA (Hex 0xBFFF0015)" and if I click on "Read Status Byte" then it's prompting me with "VISA (Hex 0xBFFF003A)", up untill now i haven't found any solution for my problem  and this is driving me crazy, please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,908 Views)

I can easilly imagine why that would drive you crazy.  Which interface card are you connecting to the 5690-1 at A1?

There isn't a GBIP option available that I can see

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,860 Views)

hi,

sorry it took so long to write back for the connection I am using the ZA 1919-DKU cable and I also have the ZA 1945-DK cable. Right now I have the ZA 1919-DKU connected to A1.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,834 Views)