Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with fluke 2620A

Hej everybody,
i´ve searched the forum to find a solution to implement fluke´s 2620A but i haven't found anything helpful.
I´m using Labview 7.0 Express (Evaluation Software)and the Fluke 2620A for data aquisition.
I´ve downloaded the instrument drivers and installed them but i´m not sure how to implement the data aquisiton in labview. How to run a vi.
I´ve checked the comunication between the 2620A and my pc by using hyperterminal and it was ok.
But the comunication is only working on windows 98 or lower, so i can´t use labview´s Instrument I/O Assistant because i can´t find a driver for win 98.
I´ve tried to implement the application in labview with the instrument drivers but it wasn´t working and i have no idea how to run a vi for this. Cause i´m not so familiar with labview yet.

I hope somebody could help me.

Thanks Thor.k
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,904 Views)
Hello Thor.k,

When you use driver in LabVIEW, first try to run the Initialize VI. You have to make sure that the serial settings on the instrument match the settings in the Initialize VI (front panel and diagram). Each VI in LabVIEW has a context help (Ctrl-H) where you can find more information about the settings.

I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,899 Views)