Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with PCMCIA-GPIB card

Hi all

I am using a PCMCIA-GPIB with driver version 2.2 on a Windows XP with a PCI-to-PCMCIA Adapter from Ricoh (device manager says: Ricoh R/RL/RT/RC/5C475II,R5C520 or compatible cardbus controller).
The Win XP detects the card without any problems and there are no resource conflicts.
However, I cannot communicate with GPIB devices and the NI-488.2 Troubleshooting Wizard says:
1. NI-488.2 Software Presence = verified
2. GPIB Hardware Presence =

And then a new screen: "The trouble shooting wizard has detect that no GPIB interfaces are configured on your system"

Can someone help me? There are no resource conflicts and I have also tried changing the PCI slot. The same problem also occurred when I installed the card in an
other computer.

Regards,

Juan"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,762 Views)
I have tested a RICOH PCMCIA to PCI Adapter card. The PCMCIA to PCI Adapter card was tested using different operating systems (Win2000,XP,98,95) and using a Micron computer PIII 650 processor. When testing under the XP environment, with service pack 1, NI's device drivers Version 1.7 failed to load. (Code 10) Ni's driver version 1.7 was then removed and NI's device driver Version 2.2 was loaded. I did not experience any commutation problem as long as I used the standard NI calls. I did experience a problem with NI’s IBDIAG function call which is not supported under Version 2.2.

I would recommend that you get the latest service pack for XP and NI’s device driver Version 2.2.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,741 Views)