From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with PCMCIA-GPIB card

Hi all

I am using a PCMCIA-GPIB with driver version 2.2 on a Windows XP with a PCI-to-PCMCIA Adapter from Ricoh (device manager says: Ricoh R/RL/RT/RC/5C475II,R5C520 or compatible cardbus controller).
The Win XP detects the card without any problems and there are no resource conflicts.
However, I cannot communicate with GPIB devices and the NI-488.2 Troubleshooting Wizard says:
1. NI-488.2 Software Presence = verified
2. GPIB Hardware Presence =

And then a new screen: "The trouble shooting wizard has detect that no GPIB interfaces are configured on your system"

Can someone help me? There are no resource conflicts and I have also tried changing the PCI slot. The same problem also occurred when I installed the card in ano
ther computer.

Regards,

Juan"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,123 Views)
Today we were playing with the PCMCIA-GPIB with driver version 2.2 on a Windows XP with a PCI-to-PCMCIA Adapter from Ricoh. We found that you have to load the driver version 2.2 first, then turn the computer system off, while the computer system is off insert the PCMCIA-GPIB device then turn on the computer system. This allows windows to assign the correct resources for the hardware. If the driver version2.2 is load and then computer is restarted and then the PCMCIA-GPIB card is installed resource problems occur and we were unable to correct the problem until we reinstalled the driver and installed it properly.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,100 Views)
Hello,

Do you get an error number associated with the issue? You may try upgrading your BIOS, however, there are sometimes problems using certain PCMCIA slots with PCMCIA cards. The following NI KB notes that a BIOS update may help:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/3E5465A561E2BA0986256B6E0060E785?OpenDocument

Repost if you still have problems; unfortunately, sometimes these issues come down to the slot manufacturer compatibility with a given pcmcia card.

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,091 Views)