Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with LeCroy LC5X4A drivers, 'scope won't enter sequence mode

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem getting my LeCroy LC584AXL oscilloscope to enter sequence mode via the GPIB drivers from the development zone. I have called the "config acquisition" and passed 1001 to it, which should set it to sequence mode. However when I use the "config sequence" function it generates an error saying "paramenter 3 out of range" which is elaborated as "incorrect acquisition type". I can't figure out what is wrong with the setup as I have got the other drivers to work with the 'scope, and the same error occurs when the function is initialised in simulation mode (ie without the 'scope attached). Any ideas/help will be gladly accepted!

PS
does anyone know how and who I'd conta
ct in relation to these drivers, was it NI or then manufacturer who wrote them?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,870 Views)
Hi John,

National Instruments developed this driver in '99. It hasn't been maintained regularly since we haven't had access to this instrument. We are planning on getting the instrument from LeCroy in the near future and updating the driver to comply with the latest IVI Foundation specifications. At that time, the driver will be fully tested and hopefully all issues will be fixed.

Best Regards,

Vesna Jadric
Instrument Drivers/IVI
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,870 Views)