Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Agilent 34970A?

I want to measure voltage signals.

Now I connect Agilent 34970A with computer through a GPIB-USB cable.
I have installed labview6.0, drivers for the 34970A.
According to the experience in this forum, I select the Ni visa tulip.dll.
But it seems that the computer and the 34970A can not communicate still.
What else can I do?
I am a green hand at hardware. So your suggestion will be appereciated greatly.
Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,696 Views)
PPLUO,

There are really three GPIB-USB devices from National Instruments (assuming that you are not using a third-party GPIB-USB device). The first device, the GPIB-USB, has been obsoleted for newer technology. This obsoleted device can only be run on Windows 98/Me and Windows 95 using version 1.7 of our NI-488.2 driver. The other two devices, the GPIB-USB-A and GPIB-USB-B, will both run on Windows 2000/XP and Windows 98/Me with version 2.2 or 2.3 (2000/XP) of our NI-488.2 driver. More information on the correct driver versions can be found here:

GPIB Drivers

Now with regards to the tulip.dll driver this is only needed when using HP/Agilent hardware (say an HP PCI-GPIB board). In most cases we want to stick with National Instruments' NI-VISA driver (so I would deselect this DLL when using NI hardware). Version 3.2 is the latest driver for Windows 2000/NT/XP and version 3.0.1 is the latest version for Windows 98/Me support (with version 2.6.1 giving us Windows 95 support). These NI-VISA drivers can be found here:

NI-VISA Drivers

Hope that helps!

Craig H.
NI Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,674 Views)
hi,

use MAX first of all. see your USB GPIB there? your instrument? if not, long way ahead. If yes, you can at least talk to the instrument there.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,541 Views)