Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in Installing NI 488.2

Hi,

I am trying to install NI 488.2 2.7.3 on Windows XP SP3 (32-Bit). However, during the installation, I am getting  a message of Rolling Back Installation and the installation stops. This occurs in the 'Validating the digital signature' setp of the installation. Can anyone help with the problem?

Regards,

mayd85

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,062 Views)
Why such an old version? The latest is version 14.

It sounds like the download may be corrupt.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,051 Views)

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the reply. I did not know that the latest version is 14. I got the setup from the CD which came with the NI USB to GPIB converter. Actually the installation stops when the installation screen says 'Installing driver packages (validating digital signatures, this may take a few minutes)'.

Incidentally, I was also trying to install Agilent IO Library v16.2 for connecting my spectrum analyzer and it also fails during the installation of Shared IVI components.The installation fails at the same point (validating digital signatures) and the installation rolls back. I think they are somehow related.

Thanks,

mayd85

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,047 Views)
Since you are using an NI controller, there is no point in installing agilent software but it is very strange that you get the danger problem with both. I really have no idea what the two would have in common.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,042 Views)

Ok, I downloaded the NI 488.2 V14.0 and tried to install. The following installations failed -

1. VISA Shared Components

2. NI COntroller Driver 1.0

3. NI 422.2 Runtime Environment

Where can I find the istallation log, so that I can at least check what kind of error was encountered?

Cheers,

mayd85

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,024 Views)