Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems building Simple GPIB C# Sample from NI

Hi,

I was given a simple C# GPIB program by NI and I am currently evaluating the Measurement Studio for .Net product. When I try to build the appication I get the following errors:

The type or namespace name 'AxCWInstrumentControlLib' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
The referenced component 'AxCWInstrumentControlLib' could not be found. Could not load the type library. Library not registered.
The referenced component 'CWInstrumentControlLib' could not be found. Could not load the type library. Library not registered.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I am getting this error? Also, I can't seem to find any documentation on programming this. Are we suppo
sed to just know it or am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jesse
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,962 Views)
Hello

Looks like you are trying to use the Measurement Studio controls in C#. To use these, you must have the controls installed on your machine. I'm assuming this is one of th examples you downloaded from the web, like this. If you do have Measurement Studio installed on your system, trying adding the activex control in a VB 6.0 project and see if any problems arise. If you are having problems using the control there too, try re-installing the controls and see if the behavior changes.

The reason for this error is that the author of this project used MS 6.0 to create it. The lib file
s mentioned above a wrappers generated by the IDE to allow you to host an activex control on your from. If the controls are missing, you will not be able to use the lib files.

The documentation for the activex controls should have been installed with Measurement Studio 6.0. The names of the properties and their behavior should be the same as mentioned in the VB Help.

If this is a problem with the Measurement Studio beta program, I would suggest getting in touch with the beta coordinator by sending an email.

I hope this helps

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,962 Views)

Hi Bilal D.,

I am having a similar issue here. I am trying to create a software using VB Express 2008 to read measurement from Keithleys via GPIB and write it on a text file, but since I am new to the field, I gotta learn up from scratch.

I tried studying from this Simple GPIB sample and converted the solution to VB.NET.

I am having the issue where AxCWInstrumentControlLib is stated as not defined. I added VISA COM 5.5 as reference, imports Ivi.Visa.Interop but I still couldn't get the needed library to work. Is this library available on the web?

Rgds,

KS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,700 Views)