Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems about CompactRIO PROFIBUS Module Configuration

When I tried to configure the  CompactRIO PROFIBUS Module(cRIO PB) under the guidance of manual, a problem occurred, that when I used the Configurator III ,the hardware displayed  in the Driver Selection cannot be selected. The pictures are listed below. Hope someone can help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,802 Views)

This simple example shows how a cRIO with LabVIEW Real-Time and Modbus I/O Servers installed can act as a Modbus master. The other part of this demo uses the LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) module to access Modbus slave I/O servers on a desktop PC.

For more information on using the Modbus protocol with cRIO and DSC, visit the links below:

Developer Zone: How to turn a RT Target into a Modbus Slave using IO Servers

LabVIEW Help: Using Modbus I/O Servers (DSC Module or Real-Time Module)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,728 Views)

Hi yayagun,

Is the IP address listed in the "Hardware Selection" window correct for your cRIO? Please confirm in MAX.

Are you using the Master/Slave module or the Slave module?

I also see that your Profibus network configuration only has a master and no slave. You will need to add a slave for the configuration to work.

Basically what you're seeing is that for some reason the Configurator cannot communicate with the module in the chassis. This could be for a number of reasons (e.g. address, slot, power, module state). Here are some resources to help:

1. Make sure things are set up as described in Setting Up the CompactRIO PROFIBUS Module

2. If your module does not show up in the "Hardware Selection" window when you click Search, use this to help troubleshoot.

Please let us know the result and what fixed it.

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,711 Views)