Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with VISA Reads in TCPIP socket interface, VISA configuration?

Hi there,

I have encountered a problem with different drivers if these make use of VISA READS. In case a Visa Read follows a Visa Write, in a first run the read buffer never outputs the right data but a “DCL” (Device Clear?) or line feed or the result of another previous Write command, but the next times the same VI runs the Visa Read outputs the expected data, although maybe not the complete string. There is not timeout error. It seems like the VISA Reads have a triggering problem. I am using NI-VISA 14.0 in labview 2014 to control my keithley 6221 instrument as a TCPIP socket. The MAX software successfully opens the instrument and a VISA Test Panel can be used. Here, the parameters are

Hostname: 192.168.001.003

Address: 192.168.1.3

Port 1394

No packet delay

Send End on Writes

Suppress End on Reads

Enable Termination Character (LF)

Advanced settings:

Acquire Exclusive Lock

Events Enable

Trigger Protocol Default

With this Test Panel I check the instrument “ID query?” that gives “No error”, however the “Read STB” command does not work and other attempts to change settings or “Assert trigger” give error VI_ERROR_INV_SETUP

What parameters could avoid the triggering/reading problem? Can anyone advice on this? How to fix it?

Jose M. Colino

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,091 Views)
Are you using the driver athttp://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=2709A75F0AA35981E05400144FFA2D85?

An Ethernet instrument that is LXI or VXI-11 compliant will be an INSTR resource. How does it appear in MAX? Attach a screen shot please. Also, enabling the termination character is for reads. It does not append anything on a write.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,072 Views)