Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PCI-GPIB under WIN98 and HTBasic

Hi Scott,

Thank you very much for your reply. Here are the answers of your questions:
1. GPIB Controller primary address: 0
GPIB Controller secondary address: -
2. The addresses of the instruments on the bus are (I have found in measurement program):
---------------------------------------
Prtr=728
1503 ASSIGN @ Key TO 2
@ Counter TO 714
@ Prtr TO Prtr
@ Prt TO Prtr
@ Pam TO 725
@ Synth TO 726
@ Relaycont TO 727
@ Crt TO 1
---------------------------------------
Where Prtr - Printer Epson FX-80+
Counter -
Pam - HP 3577A Digital Phase Amplitude Meter Section
Synth - HP3577A Synthesizer Section
Relaycont - Saunders Switch Controller

3. There no any bus extender, please find as attachment file Saunders2100.bmp where you can see that instrument are connected only by GPIB cables.
4. Also as attachment find file Capture.spy, captured as it explained at the address you gave me last time.

I have attached and SYSTEM, measurement program, which works under HTBasic for Windows, ver. 6.
Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards
Branislav

P.S. unfortunately it seams that only one file I can attach here, so I will do next reply...
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,364 Views)
Capture.zip
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,361 Views)
Saunders2100.zip
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,360 Views)
System.zip
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,358 Views)
Hello again,

Looking at your NI-Spy capture, it seems as though your computer's PCI-GPIB card is at GPIB address 21, not 0. I can tell because of the IBCMD() calls into our driver and the way the driver responds to MTA21; it addresses itself to talk (called TACS). See NI-488.2 Function Reference for more information. Is this how it's supposed to be? This is nonstandard, as the card is usually at address 0. Also, I'm still not clear on what the addresses of your instruments are. Valid GPIB addresses are in the range of 0-30. It seems as though you have a rather complex program that isn't working, and I do see a lot of errors (ENOL for no listeners as well as EABO abort) in the Spy capture. I'm not sure what the program is supposed to be doing, line-by-line, and we don't directly support HTBasic (it seems as though that company has a driver for our GPIB driver). I'll be happy to offer the assistance that I can. Hopefully some of this information gets you on the right track.

Scott B
GPIB Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,345 Views)