Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with NI 488.2 troubleshooting wizard and Firmware update.OSX

I am experiencing several problems with the NI 488.2 driver for Mac OSX for talking to GPIB-ENET 100. When using the troubleshooting wizard it passes the software presence and hardware presence verifed parts but errors on the part that calls for "GPIB Intrefaces Sequentially verified". I thought this might be beacuse I perhaps have outdated firmware so I tried to update that and I enterd all of the correct information such as the IP address and file location of the b9.bin file and the program then goes and looks for the GPIB bus but says it can't find it. Another problem is when I try to access the device from the interactive control terminal when entering the ibfind GPIB0 it returns the following error EDVR(0xe1060075). Pleae help! Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,968 Views)
First make sure you have the 2.0 driver for MacOS X isntalled. The firmwire version is fine if it is B.9. Also make sure your ENET/100 is on the same subnet with your computer, if the ENET/100 is not recognized by your computer, you are not going to be able to use IBIC commands on it. Check the LEDs on your ENET box and make sure none of them are red when trying to talk to the device. It looks like you never had the ENET/100 recognized correctly, check the IP address you are using for the ENET box has no conflict with other hardware.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,954 Views)
Ah the problem was that I needed to load the newest firmware and I did not give the GPIB box the same address as my CPU's subnet so I could not load the firmware. Fixed the adress and loaded the new firm ware. All is well...Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,950 Views)