Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of NI VISA driver configuration for Arduino R3 Uno

Solved!
Go to solution

Good Morning, my name is Leong. Currently I have the problem of NI-VISA Driver configuration for Arduino. After I download the NI-VISA driver from NI website, I running NI-VISA drivers and select which type of hardware bus should I select. After I select the type of hardware bus, the NI-VISA prompt me to select the device ID that I have been installed, my device ID for Arduino R3 UNO is USB\VID_2341&PID_0043. I select my device ID and click the next button. I the click next button, the screen displayed as the below:

Installation Options Screen.jpg

I choose to install the generated files on this computer and click finish. After I click finish, the error screen displayed as below:

NI-VISA error message.jpg

May I know that what is the problem so I know how to solve the problem? Thank you for your kindness help.

Regards,

Leong

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,224 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ArduinoProject

do not use the device driver wizard, just select the serial port you need in VISA

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 2 of 6
(6,217 Views)

Thanks, Albert. I solved the problem based on your solution you provided. It works!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,208 Views)

You were not the only one who tried the hard way. The instrument driver wizard should start with the remark:

Are you sure that there is no driver available on the instrument driver network

and are you sure that a serial port that has a driver installed already does not need a driver made by this wizard?

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,195 Views)

Dear Albert Geven,

Thank you for your solution provided to me. I connect my device with Labview, it works.

I realized that serial port that has a driver installed already.

Regards,

Leong Yun Siong

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,170 Views)

add other useful links, greetings

Getting Started With the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino

http://vishots.com/getting-started-with-the-labview-interface-for-arduino/

Ready to get started?

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-16204

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6