Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in RS422 data writing in file

I am receving data from data recorder, when we store in file, it stores in character format then for comapring these values, I have to convert it to hex format, as cahracter by character and it takes lot of time.

How we can store it directly in Hex Format, so there may not need to convert it and directly we can extract values from data frame.

Waiting for reply
Regards,
Jitendra
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,372 Views)
Even though it may appear as a string, serial port data is essentially an array of U8 and is thus already in "hex", or binary. If you're using LabVIEW you don't have to manipulate the data in order to write to a file. However, if you need to write an ASCII representation of hex (ie: 0x31 would be "3" "1") then you will need to convert the data.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,372 Views)
Hi Chris,
Thanks for reply,
I am receving file from RS422 port from Flight Data recorder and it is storing in character format.

In labview how to read and compare directly in hex/decimal. This time What is happening, that this character file I have to convert in HEX character by character file. For 35 KB file, it is taking more then 10 minutes. For 90 minutes recorded data i.e. 40 MB file, It will take time in days.

plz its very urgent, give any solution.

Regards,
Jitendra
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,372 Views)
I would be happy to help - please send me a sample of the input data and your desired output data so that I can get a better idea on what exactly you need.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,372 Views)