From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem after testing 100 products

I use Labview to control a test machine. There is an 6251-M series DAQ board for analog signals to be acquired and PCI 6509 for Digital I/Os. I also control an AC motor drive via serial port(Enable, start, stop and speed ref.). The problem is after testing an amount of products(e.g. 100) the cycle time of the test increases(from 10sec to 20-30-50sec). I saw that this caused of misreadings from serial port(because I read the speed via serial port to switch between steps). Why it doesn't happen at first and starts after making an amount of tests. What can I do about this. How can I make sure the readings to be the same everytime? And make the cycle time fixed.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,056 Views)

@MSARIKOC wrote:
I use Labview to control a test machine. There is an 6251-M series DAQ board for analog signals to be acquired and PCI 6509 for Digital I/Os. I also control an AC motor drive via serial port(Enable, start, stop and speed ref.). The problem is after testing an amount of products(e.g. 100) the cycle time of the test increases(from 10sec to 20-30-50sec). I saw that this caused of misreadings from serial port(because I read the speed via serial port to switch between steps). Why it doesn't happen at first and starts after making an amount of tests. What can I do about this. How can I make sure the readings to be the same everytime? And make the cycle time fixed.

Maybe a memory leak?
Opening ressources (References and not closing them?
Creating a report string or logstring or log-array?
Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,048 Views)
Do you think this effect the serial port communication only. Because the other process is working fine, only the serial port communication have problem.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,040 Views)

@MSARIKOC wrote:
Do you think this effect the serial port communication only. Because the other process is working fine, only the serial port communication have problem.

You might accumulate all those serial data fragments in a string which might eventually become quite large.
OR you might accumulate these fragments in a queue or whatever transfer mechanism.
OR you open a new queue etc with each test and fill it and leave it open.

Either you provide more data or your vi, otherwise this starts to become just wild guessing...

Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,037 Views)