Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prior proscan not responding

Hello everyone,

I have a prior proscan H29XY controller. I wrote a simple program to move the stage and take a video using a camera for a fixed amount of time. The program works well but sometimes the motor simply stop responding to the program and doing anything. When this happens I'm not able to communicate with the instrument even through NI MAX, the program says the address is available but can't be accessed. These faults are random and I don't really understand what causes them. Has anyone any idea?

Thanks,

Matteo 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,452 Views)

Hi Elconte16,

I would like to help you with the issue you're having, but I first need a little more information, so I'll ask a few questions.

1) What happens to the program when the motor stops responding? Is it running normally? 

2) Does anything happen at the same time as the issue, for example do you open another program, or does anything else also stop working? Can you think of any reason that this may be happening?

3) Do you get any errors when this happens, or when you try to communicate with the device through MAX? Error codes can be really useful for us to look further into the issue.

4) Have you tried running the program on a different computer, and if so, do you experience the same problems?

Regards,

Cody

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,411 Views)

Hi,

I'll try to answer all the questions.

1) the program runs smoothly except that the motors does not do what it's been told.

2) No I' m not even in the same building. I need it for overnight measurements

3) I don't get any error, but when I stop the program and try to test the port NI MAX tell me it cannot access the port even if it is available. I don't remember the error code... and the glitch happens randomly, so I'll post the error code next time I'll meet this problem

4) No I didn't because the motor is connected to a computer in a lab where we just have that pc.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,409 Views)

Thanks for the fast response! 

It is quite unusual that the application keeps running as usual, and I think that this may be due to some kind of communication failure. How are you connecting to the device? Have you had any connection issues before?

Once you get the error code I will be able to look into this further. It may also be useful if you create a MAX technical report and send it to me after the next time it fails. Instructions on how to do this can be found at the following link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,394 Views)