From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop up says Cant Find GUI - but which GUI?

I am serving up the same project to two different NT computers. It compiles on one, but the other says Can't Find GUI Files. What would be great if it said which GUI Files it couldn't find. Have spent hours on this problem. Is there a debug flag to set some where or a log to check to find the specific problem(s)?

This could be anything from a version compatibility problem to a missing file. Or even an include path difference on the two machines. I have check most if not all that and still am very frustrated over the absence of better debugging information.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,942 Views)
Hello,

I'm afraid I cannot be of much help without more information. What development system are you using? You're in the Instrument Connectivity/GPIB forums, do you think that your problem somehow relates to GPIB? What is the exact error message? Do you have the appropriate LabVIEW (or CVI) runtime engine installed? (I'm assuming you're developing using some National Instruments product?) The RTE (Run Time Engine) for different products is downloadable on the support page for the appropriate development system.

Scott
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,942 Views)
Sorry, haven't done this in a while. It is a CVI 5.0 problem. I'll move the question over to a better forum.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,942 Views)