From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4065 -1074118656 Error

Solved!
Go to solution

I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum as I seldom have a need to request help. If this is not the correct forum, then I can repost if you are knowledgable as to which forum this belongs in.

The company that I am working at has purchased a PXI-4065 DMM module for their  PXI-1036 chassis. I have just started to develop the software for the DMM so that their test functions can call my DMM functions. I have included the code, as simple as it is at this point. When I step through the code, the IviDmm_init function returns the error code -1074118656. Looking at the DMM help file, the error is listed as:

Decimal Value Hexadecimal Value Error or Warning Code Description
–1074126845 BFFA2003 NIDMM_ERROR_MAX_TIME_EXCEEDED The maximum time was exceeded before the operation completed.
–1074118656 BFFA4000 NIDMM_ERROR_UNKNOWN_DEVICE Device was not recognized. The device is not supported with this driver or version.

I have included images of the NI MAX setup in case I have not configured something correctly. We are using LabWindows 2013. Latest version, more memory, faster processor, etc. will not happen with these folks. We have to be compatable with the factory.

In NI MAX, if I set the device to "Simulate With" and select "Specific Driver", the code returns a success status. That would lead me to believe that my code is correct in linking to NI MAX but the NI MAX setup to the device may not be correct. I could be incorrect in my assumption. In NI MAX, I can open a "Test Panel" to the DMM and that appears to work.

I do not believe that I need to call any other function prior to the IviDmm_init function call. If I do, please let me know.

If you know the solution or can recommend something in an attempt to determine if it solves the issue, I will give them a try.

Thank you for your help.

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,351 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill.Simmons

The NI DMM documentation states:

"NI-DMM, an Interchangeable Virtual Instrument (IVI)–compliant instrument driver, is included with your kit and communicates with all NI digital multimeters."

To resolve my issue so that I could move on, I removed ALL references to IVI from my code and NI MAX. I replaced the   Ivi_Dmm_*   function calls with   niDMM_*   function calls. I reference the PXI-4065 instrument directly in my initialization function call. Now it works.

I do not know why I had the issues with the IVI function call or setup.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,319 Views)