Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCMCIA485 vs USB485

Hello

I'm been using one old NI pcmcia485 to receive and send informations to one MVAT electric presse. 

The PCMCIA485 is obsolete then i bought the new usb485 interface to replace the old 485 PCMCIA interface.  I'm running software "RAPSODIE" in windows XP SP3, i've installed different USB485 drivers, the interface is well recognized and it says that is working properly, but i can't sent all the parameters to the press, stopping the comunication on the 1st parameter.

The NI USB485 it is configured as the old NI PCMCIA485 card that works ok (2 wire auto, 115200bps, 8 bit, parity none, 1 stop bit, no flux control.)

I can receive the repport of the press controller without problems. When i try to send parameters from the pc to the press controller, i see that it sends one part (1st parameter) and it stops the sent of the next parameters. When it receives one report from the press it sends the next parameter and pause the comunication again... 

With the old PCMCIA card when it starts to send the 1st parameter, it doesnt stop until the last parameter is sent or receive one repport of the press

any ideas or differences of the pcmcia and usb485?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,681 Views)

Hello Alvarinhas,

Thank you for posting here. When executing your code, do you get any error ?

What changes did you apply except for the hardware part ? Did you change anything in your code ?

Thank you in advance,

Maxime L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,647 Views)

HI Maxime_L

thanks for you reply

No, nothing has changed in the code, because "RAPSODIE_MP" is a industrial program that doesnt show or permits change code. 

This program with PCMCIA card works fine and send all parameters until the last one, and when i change to a COM USB-RS485 port doesnt let me send all the parameters, stopping at the end of the first parameter. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,628 Views)

Hello all

any ideias??

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,572 Views)