From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-MIO-16XE-10 card with Measurement Studio

I use Mesuremenet studio to connect SCXI 1000 chassis using PCI-MIO-16XE-10 card. It worke fine on many computers. But just on one of the computer my computer freezes when I acquire data. I checked my MAX settings and they look good. I tested my VB application in other computers(with the same setup) it works fine. Is my PCI card bad on this computer.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,627 Views)
Hello rann,
I am assuming here that you only have one PCI-6030E (formerly known as PCI-MIO-16XE-10) card & one SCXI chassis and you use this combination with multiple computers.
You also mentioned that you checked your MAX settings on this computer with this card and they look good. Are you able to detect, configure and test the card in MAX successfully? If yes, and then if still the computer freezes, you might check a few things to determine where the problem is:
Does this computer freeze in any other cases apart from this application? or in this application with lower data-acquisition rates?
Is this computer from a comparable generation as the other machines that you are using? (processor, speed, etc) Did you check if any BIOS updates are re
quired for this computer?

If you can not configure the card in MAX, did you try using a different PCI slot on this computer (it might be possible that one slot is bad)? Is it there in the system device manager?

In case you have more than one PCI cards,did you try using a different PCI card with this computer? Does this second card freeze this machine as well?

If you use the first card (the one that freezes the machine) with another computer, does this card freeze the new computer as well?

These should help you narrow down to see where exactly the problem is (card or anything else). Good luck !
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,627 Views)
I am assuming here that you only have one PCI-6030E (formerly known as PCI-MIO-16XE-10) card & one SCXI chassis and you use this combination with multiple computers.

NO JUST ONE COMPUTER. WE HAVE OTHER COMPUTERS THAT USE DIFFERENT PCI AND CHASSIS.

You also mentioned that you checked your MAX settings on this computer with this card and they look good. Are you able to detect, configure and test the card in MAX successfully? If yes,

YES

Does this computer freeze in any other cases apart from this application? or in this application with lower data-acquisition rates?

I WOULD TRY THIS.

Is this computer from a comparable generation as the other machines that you are using? (processor, speed, etc) Did you check if any BIOS updates are re
quired for this computer?

THIS COMPUTER IS A BRAND NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 2000.

If you can not configure the card in MAX, did you try using a different PCI slot on this computer (it might be possible that one slot is bad)? Is it there in the system device manager?

I WOULD TRY THIS.

In case you have more than one PCI cards,did you try using a different PCI card with this computer? Does this second card freeze this machine as well?

I WOULD TRY THIS.

If you use the first card (the one that freezes the machine) with another computer, does this card freeze the new computer as well?

I WOULD TRY THIS.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP I WOULD LET YOU KNOW HOW THE ABOVE SUGGESTIONS WORKED.

THANKS,
RANN
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,627 Views)
Hi,

If I install NI-DAQ OPC server when installing the NI-DAQ driver's it would freeze up the computer after a few trials but if I dont install NI-DAQ OPC server it works fine. Do you have any idea why this happens?

Thanking You,

Best Regards,
Rann.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,627 Views)
Hello rann,
Did you already try un-installing and re-installing the NI-DAQ driver with "NI-DAQ OPC Server" (under Data Acquisition>>Traditional NI-DAQ 7.2 while installation of NI-DAQ 7.2). What version of NI-DAQ driver are you using? I'd suggest upgrading to 7.2 (latest), if you do not have that already.

Can you use this card successfully on some other computer with OPC Server installed with NI-DAQ?

Here are a related link:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/5A17197733396C70862566190064DA93?OpenDocument

This should help finding out why is this happening. Good luck!

Swapnil P.
National Instruments Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,627 Views)